Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Mexican Food at Wistful Vista

Our son Tim said we shouldn't put our real address on the net since crooks could use it for bad purposes. With that in mind, I shall henceforth refer to our house as "Wistful Vista" In ancient days (from its 1935 premiere until its end in 1959) there was a superb weekly radio comedy in which the Fibber McGee and Molly lived on Wistful Vista. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fibber_McGee_and_Molly

Last night we had a (seems fairly rare) visit from daughter Erin, (who is home at Wistful Vista from university and her MBA studies) her boyfriend Jake and friend Andrew . Erin came to help decorate the tree. Jake likes Mexican so Wendy whipped up some killer tacos and enchiladas with all the trimmings including fresh, home made guacamole and salsa. Wendy’s Mom (Gene) is living with us now since Wendy’s Dad died in September. So with Wendy and I, that made 7 of us. As the saying goes - a good time was had by all. Especially Andrew!
Still no decorations on the tree, the snow is nearly melted, all was very Mexican.


Andrew truly enjoys food!

2 comments:

  1. It's true, I do enjoy food.. (After all I am a supertaster!). In this case I blame Erin for forcing me to eat too many tacos. She even got her Grandma Gene after me. And who can say no to a lady with so much wisdom?

    One day, Erin, I'll get you back!! :)

    APM

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's such a pleasure to see someone who can eat and really enjoy. A fine compliment on my cooking!

    ReplyDelete