Today we laid to rest a very fine lady. I've known her all my life and I cherish the time I spent with her and her husband Tom, my dad's brother, and her four daughters, my cousins. I don't usually take pictures at funerals, yet I really don't know why. It's the only time I get to see most of my relatives and the sadness of the occasion is usually eclipsed by the joy of seeing everybody. After all, they keep telling us it's a "Celebration of Life".
Anyway, at the grave site daisies were distributed and everyone stepped forward to deposit a flower on the casket. It was such a moving experience, my cousins were lamenting that no one had a cell phone or camera. Well, I always carry a camera in my pocket so I was able to capture the somber beauty of the daisies on the rain spattered casket.
Goodbye Aunt Marg. I still have the happy memories.
..
.

No comments:
Post a Comment