![]() | |
| Does the girl see the cat? Click the pic. |
This picture is a bit busy but that's because I composed it from several postcards from around 1920. I left the "feel" of the postcards while integrating new stuff. Referencing old photos of the dock area from the internet, I fabricated the railings from scratch and the bench came from a picture on eBay. Our old cat Flash went back in time through the magic of Photoshop. Where's Waldo? I mean where's Flash? You'll have to click on the picture to see the whole thing.
This composition shows a pretty young lady, maybe waiting for somebody because she appears to be all dressed up. Is she watching Flash? She's sitting in the observation deck of the Northern Navigation Terminal building in Sarnia Ontario. The cars are lined up to get on the ss "City of Sarnia" ferry boat that will take them across the St Clair River to Port Huron Michigan. You'll notice all the litter on the ground as people used to throw everything out the car window. There was no bridge back then so this was quite a bottleneck I'm sure.
When I print out all my portfolio I plan to take the mounted blow-ups to "quaint and trendy" stores in the Sarnia area and try to sell them. If that doesn't work, at least I'll have lots of pictures to adorn the walls of our condo in Point Edward which is off in the background to the north.
.
When I print out all my portfolio I plan to take the mounted blow-ups to "quaint and trendy" stores in the Sarnia area and try to sell them. If that doesn't work, at least I'll have lots of pictures to adorn the walls of our condo in Point Edward which is off in the background to the north.
.
.
All that I could find left of the "City of Sarnia" on the internet is a picture of the decaying wheelhouse of this once proud old ship. It was a black and white photo showing the wheelhouse abandoned in a field. I coloured it blue and superimposed it into a boat junk-yard to come up with a new art picture. The old boat in the background is "the Southern Marine" which sat for years in decay at our Bridgeview Marina. It's gone now too.
.
All the pictures I have of the ss City of Sarnia are in black and white. I really don't know what colour she was, but Wendy likes the red version. What do you think?
![]() |
| I found this b/w on the internet. |
![]() |
| Click the picture then find Flash. |
And finally for today, here's a 1915 time-darkened post card that I brightened up and repaired into a 12x18 art pic. It shows in the picture, the same dock but before the Northern Navigation terminal was built. The boat is a passenger ship, the ss Huronic.
.
.
.











No comments:
Post a Comment