Thursday, March 16, 2017

16 March - Southwest to FLL.



The flight is TOO EARLY at 5:45 am but the price was right and it's a non-stop so maybe I can get some sleep en route.


We usually begin to embark at around 10:30 but this time not until noon. They may even leave late due to stragglers from the airport cancellations. We will meet up with Holly and Barry and Abi and Cliff in the Lido on board the Rotterdam.


Maybe I can get a job in the engine room. Ha ha.




 Boarding was delayed an hour 'til noon, so with our early flight out of Snowland we had a full two hours to kill in the cruise terminal until they would let us on-board the ship.


Our cabin was perfect.
 


We met Holly and Barry on the back deck and gabbed away for hours.








The ship left on time around 5 pm so we assumed everyone made it aboard.



A shocker was the colour of the water coming from the tap.


It would be okay if it was rum but it was NOT.


I frantically called the front desk to complain. They explained that the ship had "changed tanks" and this was normal.  "Am I going to die?" I asked. "I drank this stuff earlier." They said "Just run the tap for ten minutes and it will clear." Turns out it was only the hot water so I guess I'll be alright. I did dump out my last drink though.


I called the desk again before dinner and they said they would send the plumber while we were eating. When we returned things seemed to be back to normal but it was a little disconcerting and not a great way to start the cruise.
.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment