"From the Mundane to the Less Mundane with Everything In Between". Now in my 18th YEAR OF BLOGGING and still counting.
Friday, October 31, 2014
Fixing The Fence.
Many years ago, when they built this fence, there must have been a tree in the way because they actually fabricated special fence components that incorporated it into the structure. The original tree is long gone and for the years we've lived here we had a small panel of lattice over the resulting hole. An old apple tree grew up in front and mostly hid the gap from view. When we removed the apple tree this year it revealed this eyesore.
We visited the local Home Depot and what luck. Someone had ordered and returned some "special order" fence sections which were then marked down from $125 to $50 per section.
I undid some of the screws and adjusted the horizontal bar to the height I needed and cut off the parts I didn't need.
I even found and replaced a weathered 2 x 6 on the deck steps to the pool, which would work as the fence top rail rather than using a bright new board.
Even though it's not a perfect match Wendy said she was thrilled by the fix as she had resigned herself to living with this unsightly mess forever. A few vines and some other greenery and no one will notice the difference.
.
.
.






