Sunday, October 19, 2014

Is The Opposite of Winterize - Summerize?


Let me summerize how I winterize, or is that summarize. I'm confused!


Today it is time to put the boat away. With few clouds, it's bright and somewhat warm when you stand in the full sun. We felt a little short changed this summer since the weather was so variable, swinging from cool to hot and back to cool all too frequently. Many of our good friends never got a chance to visit this summer, mostly because we just couldn't rely on the weather to be nice. I kept thinking we should wait another few weeks and we'll get some nice, hot weather... never happened!  Think "Global Warming".  Ha ha BS!


Last year I didn't see even one mussel attached to our boat but this year there was a serious number. These barnacle-like animals can really slow a boat down and can damage the surface to which they are attached



Savvy boaters know that if you don't wash these crustaceans and algae off as soon as you take the boat out, they will "set up" like cement and be much more difficult to remove.


Somehow I forgot ti snap a clean "after" photo but the boat did come up nicely and looks nearly as good as new.


All set for our next voyage.
.
.
.