Wednesday, October 22, 2014

My $20 Stone.

When I came out of the dentist's office I discovered my tire on the passenger side rear was nearly flat. It still seemed to have enough air for me to make it over to Jack's Central Auto, my car repair garage, so I took the chance and made the trip. Soapy water revealed the problem. The tire was leaking at what appeared to be the head of a nail. Upon removal we saw it was actually a small stone. That's a first for me!
The tar coated stone was likely picked up as I drove along Mullifarry Drive on my way back from Sarnia on Monday. I remember seeing a sign that advised of "tar and chips" on the road ahead. I guess it's time to replace my tires if they are thin enough for a stone (not even particularly sharp) to go right though and cause a flat. Jack put a plug in the hole and charged me a crisp new, plastic Canadian $20 bill. Expensive stone.
.
.
.